
How do I begin posting the last week of my life? Many of you have been praying for our little boy. From 19 weeks of this pregnancy we've had a plethora of highs and lows. At 24 weeks we found that instead of a three vessel cord, our baby's cord only had two and we were sent to a specialist for his heart only to be told of possibilities that even now I don't want to think about. At 25 weeks we were sent back to the specialist to find that he may have Downs Syndrome or an even more severe chromosome abnomality. At week 27 we received the results of those tests and found that everything appeared normal and that possibly the only problem would be slow development. Through this entire pregnacy we have been blessed by the prayers of God's people. Brothers and sisters in Christ that we don't even know have been lifting up prayers on our behalf and we are so blessed to see the family of God "work" as He intended.
Last Tuesday began Levi's journey into this world a few weeks early. I have been completely stunned by God's provision, leading, and complete control over the life of our little boy. Even when they could not give definitive answers about why I was showing signs of labor God continued to give small clues that things were just not quite right. And when I was sure they would finally send me home because things had stablized, one more indication would present itself that things just weren't right...so instead of home, they sent me to Wichita. And even in Wichita after I had two ultrasounds and no danger seemed to be present, and I was sure things had stablized...God once again gave another indication that things just weren't right. So on Thursday morning, after I sent Brian home to get some work done, Levi's heart rate began to dip up and down again and the nurse told me my husband might want to be present when the doctor came within the hour. That was at 11:25 a.m. on Thursday morning. Brian walked in the door at 12:45 and we waited until about 2:00 p.m for the doctor to come. When she arrived, she explained we could either wait another 6 hours and find ourselves in an emergency situation or we could go ahead and just plan to take the baby. For obvious reasons there really wasn't a decision to be made and when Brian and I gave the "go ahead" she asked, with a smile, "good, how does 2:45 sound?" And just like that she left and the anethesiologist walked in and within 10 minutes I was in the operating room.
Levi Edward was born at 3:06 p.m. on November 4th at 32 weeks and three days--3lbs, 4 oz and 15 3/4 in long. Immediately he began crying and breathing on his own...and at 5 days old he still has not needed help breathing. I could relate story after story and detail after detail of the past 6 days that indicate God's perfect timing and His perfect hand guiding every decision and situation. We are so grateful for all the prayers that have been lifted on our behalf. God is incredibly good. And even though the journey for Levi to arrive at home could be long, tiresome, and difficult, we have been blessed beyond measure and our faith strengthened through this time.

That's the beginning. I will attempt to update you on Levi's journey home...but more importantly I hope and pray that you too will see God's hand, sovereignty, and goodness as your read Levi's story. Each time you read The Fish Pond, would you pause at the end and offer praise and honor to God and glorify Him for what He has done for us...and for you.
Thank you, Heavenly Father, for Levi...and for allowing him to arrive into this world safely. Set Levi apart for your glory and use him and use his journey for your glory and praise. --Amen.
5 comments:
Oh, he is adorable. We are praying for Levi, you, Brian, and Culley. God is soooo good! Thanks for the update. What a miracle that Levi is breathing on his own...he must be one tough little guy.
Mrs. Jodi you know I love you dearly. Words can not express how happy I am for you, Brian,& Culley to have Levi their and healthy. God's timing is always so perfect. We will keep praying for all 4 of you thru your journey to take baby Levi home. Thanks for taking time to share the story.
I hope to meet see you all of you at christmas.
Jodi,
You're amazing with your words. I pray that God uses your writing gifts to share your story and His work in your lives.
Thank you for allowing us to visit last night. Levi is such a cutie! We're praying for his continued growth, development, and strength. Thanks for keeping us updated.
Thank you Jodi so much for this update! We've been in prayer for you and your family and are so blessed by how God is working in your life and in Levi's life!
What a precious little boy. We can't wait to meet him someday!
With prayers from Texas,
Edie
So glad to hear everyone is doing well, and I can't WAIT to hear more details of Levi's (and God's) incredible story
P.S. we LOVE his name :)
Post a Comment