Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Whew! Do we have a gigantic list to be thankful for this year! Seriously...have you ever noticed when going through a trial or some tough circumstance in your life and God's hand is so vividly evident that paraise and thanksgiving come so naturally? I've found that today...as my reasons for thanksgiving are crystal clear to those reading this blog...that one thankful thought led to another, and another, and another. It seems to me that once our hearts are in the mode of thankfulness, the ball just keeps rolling. I guess my challenge is clear...to keep on going and not let the gravity of life slow my thankful heart!

Today Levi took all eight of his feedings by bottle. This means he will soon get his feeding tube out and we will soon be talking about going home. I don't know if this means 48 hours...four days...or a week. Hopefully we will know more after talking to the doctor tomorrow. Culley is even ready to bring "Lebi" home. When we left the hospital today she yelled "Lebi!" all the way home because she just couldn't stand the thought of leaving him there.

So...even though we don't know how close the light is at the end...there is a light. :) Thank you so much for your prayers...I'll keep you updated!

1 comment:

Danette said...

Your blog is such a blessing, inspiration and cause for praise. Thanks for letting us join your journey.
Can't wait to see little Levi. And I miss Culley!!!!! Please give her a hug for me!

"Let us live until we drop, but let us never lower the standard."
---Ponnammal from A Chance to Die