Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Moments just for Me

On Wednesday, October 15, 2008 I posted a blog with the same title as today. You may want to reread "Moments Just for Me" if you don't remember what I'm talking about...but as a short review just over two years ago I was pregnant with Culley and I remember the moment in that post so vividly in my mind. I'm ashamed to say that it's been two years since I've shared one of those special moments with my readers because I think it shows how incredibly focused I've been on things other than God and His goodness. This is not the case in recent days...and, as I've written before, my monthly resolution is to look for more of my special moments from God and share them with you throughout this journey...and prayerfully beyond.

This incredible moment might not mean much to others...but oh if you could have seen the overflow of my heart and the praise in my tears you would rejoice with me. For the first time in eight days I had the honor and priviledge to feel like Culley's mommy again. Brian and Culley arrived last night around 7 p.m. and after we grabbed a bite to eat we went back to the house to settle in for the night. I told Brian that he needed to go be with Levi for his 10 o'clock feeding and hold him for a while. I could put Culley to bed and get her settled. This whole time I am fretting in my mind as I didn't know how she would do in a strange room with me in the bed next to her.

God knew and He knew the needs of both Culley and myself. When it was time, and we were both ready for bed, I told Culley to grab her "nini" and that it was time to snuggle. I turned off the light, she crawled into bed with me, put her arms around me and hugged me, and was asleep in less than five minutes. She was so incredibly peaceful. She's fallen asleep in my arms plenty of times in the last 18 months, but this...this was my moment from God. As I rubbed her back and cuddled her in closer, I just prayed for her little life and soaked in so much joy that I'd missed in the last eight days. I began weeping as I thought about Brian over in NICU holding our little boy and rocking him to sleep at the same time.

Sometimes God's blessings are just overwhelming. I hope you glimpse some of God's moments for you. Slow down...soak it in...and let God wash His presence and blessing into your lives.

1 comment:

dana said...

Oh, I needed to read that tonight! Wyatt had a whiny, clingy day and I had to pray for patience. I needed the reminder to cuddle and enjoy him, knowing that very soon I won't have near that much time with him.

Thanks for the updates! It's wonderful to see how God is answering the prayers we've been praying.

"Let us live until we drop, but let us never lower the standard."
---Ponnammal from A Chance to Die