Levi did GREAT yesterday! He was able to keep his sugar levels stable and it seemed at 10 p.m. it was on the rise. He even got his iv taken out and now he looks more and more like my little boy. Unfortunately, when I arrived this morning his levels had dropped again. This time they were under 50, which is somewhat of a concern (42 is as low as he can go). So...the doctor decided to up the amount of his feedings and we will test again at 5 p.m. today. Please continue to pray for his blood sugar to begin to regulate.
We were told last night that there are three benchmarks that Levi needs to meet before we can talk about coming home:
1. Maintain his own body temperature
2. Take every feeding by mouth
3. Consistently gain weight
Levi has met number 1. He has maintained his own body temp for a couple of days right now. However, we can't work towards numbers two and three until we can control the blood sugars. This seems to be a hurdle that Levi needs to jump today or they will consider putting the iv back in and having to run more tests to see what the problem is.
Again we just want to thank you for all of your prayers. We have yet to have a day where those we love and cherish haven't paid a visit to Levi. We feel so incredibly loved during this time in our lives and I can't seem to put into words how grateful we are for the help and gifts. A couple of days ago the hospital chaplain came to visit while I was with Levi. She asked if I had a church family. I told her that I went to Grace Bible Church in Hutchinson and that my husband and I have had all of our needs spiritually and physically met. I explained to her that we have felt incredibly blessed by our church family and supported in a way that has really made us feel peaceful about our circumstances. She smiled and looked at me and said, "well, it's nice when the ideal works, but so often other things just get in the way." We are indeed blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Let us live until we drop, but let us never lower the standard."
---Ponnammal from A Chance to Die
No comments:
Post a Comment