Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday--11 Days Old


Yesterday was a bit concerning for us as Levi's blood sugar just wasn't quite as high as the doctors wanted to see it. They continued to increase his food intake until he was literally maxed out! However, we were completely encouraged this morning when we met with one of the doctors. Levi's blood sugar seemed to rebound overnight and he seemed to be doing much better. Because of this, they wrote the orders for him to be transferred out of ICU and into Special Care where he will have his own room! They were so encouraged with his blood sugar levels this morning that they have ordered for him to take his feedings over the course of 30 minutes instead of over the course of two hours. We are praying today that he is able to maintain his blood sugars with this new schedule. Once this is mastered we can attempt bottle feedings again :)


On another note: even through the last 13 days or so I have seen so many changes in Culley. It's amazing how much she seems to understand...and even more incredible to see the quizzical look in her eyes when she just doesn't quite understand what's going on. She has been able to watch as mommy or daddy changes Levi's diaper and take his temperature. I'm not sure if this is why when I walked into the room the other day I saw her lying on the floor with a clean, open diaper in one hand and a wipe in her other. I cracked up laughing when I saw her begin to wipe her bottom (pants and everything still on) and pretend to change her own diaper. She is growing up faster then I ever thought possible! I guess I need to explain to her that the next step isn't that she changes her own diapers...although that would help me out...but that she needs to be potty trained! :)

Blessings--and Happy Lord's Day!

4 comments:

Emily said...

yay for the good news and improvement! we will continue to be in prayer for Levi and thankful for all His blessings!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Levi! He's a fighter already! Culley must look HUGE compared to that little peanut! Hugs from afar!

MamaOnTheRun33 said...

What wonderful news! Thanks again for the updates. Praying for you all and hope to make the trip to see you again soon. Let us know if Culley needs a playdate! :)

dana said...

Thanks for the update! We miss you and the family. Give Culley a huge hug from Wyatt...nursery and EWG just aren't the same without her!

"Let us live until we drop, but let us never lower the standard."
---Ponnammal from A Chance to Die