Monday, January 28, 2008

This Week

So, this week promises to be a tough one. But, as I was reading this morning, God's promises are unchanging and he is the faithful God.

This is my last week of basketball and for some reason our AD wants to squeeze as many games in as possible. So...Monday we play at home. Tuesday we play over an hour away. Thursday we play another hour away. And finally, on Saturday we have our conference tournament. To top all of that, last week one of my favorite player's mother died of cancer. My player was adopted, an only child, and the light of her mother's eyes. Her mother was our greatest fan. Of course I'd like to think she was OUR greatest fan, but she was actually her daughter's greatest supporter and she loved to watch her play.

The funeral is tomorrow and tonight her entire family will be at the gym to watch her play. It's what her mom would have wanted. Tomorrow our team will attend the funeral and then load the bus to play in Salina. Tough week? Yes...emotionally and physically for everyone. But Hannah has been strong and a true example to me of what endurance truly means. Before her mother died she told the school counselor that "what will be, will be." What wisdom from such a young girl. I do not know her walk with the Lord. I know she attends and is active in church. I pray that she can continue to seek and find the God of peace. I also pray and hope that the young ladies that watch her will learn from her and begin to seek out the promise that is ours if we only trust in the great and holy Savior.

No comments:

"Let us live until we drop, but let us never lower the standard."
---Ponnammal from A Chance to Die