Sometimes I think that what we consider twists in our plans are often God's smiles. He knows exactly what we need...often our expectations are not even close to what He has planned for us. My life seems to be picture perfect of this reality. Expectations I had in college definitely didn't end up coming to fruition. Expectations I had after college didn't meet my initial standards. And expectations of living and teaching in Turkey were not even close to my journaled anticipations. No...in fact in each of these experiences or time frames of my life, my expectations were exceeded by God's great vision and mercy. And in each twist and turn I believe God was smiling because I was growing.
Now, we have another twist that I was not expecting. I have dreamed of serving with my husband in some form of multi-cultural ministry since I started dreaming of a husband. So, when we were asked to lead a group from Sterling College this summer I was elated. Of course, my first question was "where do we get to go?" In truth, my heart hit a bump in the road when he said, "China." I have never desired to go to China...in fact I've always wanted to go to every other continent...but not Asia. However, after prayer and consideration, Brian and I have decided that this is a door we walk through until God closes it. I have a feeling God won't close it...and even now as I've been doing research and we've begun planning the details of the trip, my heart begins to skip in anticipation of how God will use this trip in so many people's lives. I can honestly say, "Lord, send me to China if you so will."
I'm sure as we go through the planning process there will be ups and downs and all-arounds which will result in twists and smiles, even if forced. Brian and I covet any prayers that our friends can give as we begin this adventure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Let us live until we drop, but let us never lower the standard."
---Ponnammal from A Chance to Die
1 comment:
Jodi!!
reading your blog is almost as good as grabbing coffee with you! I am so excited to read about your thought and hilarious stories of teaching middle school!
Thanks for sharing!
love,
em
Post a Comment