Monday, January 14, 2008

China

Last night was our first meeting with the crew going to China. Now, more than ever I am excited for this trip. Brian's devotional last night was over 2 Cor. 4:1. He talked about so many good things, but my favorite is that because of God's great mercy we do not lose heart. It's not us who plan this trip...it's not even us in control of the paperwork. There will be disappointments or anxiety or even doubt at times, but God gave us a ministry of reflecting Christ's glory in our lives...and we do not lose heart. I love it!

Right now we have five confirmed...two trying to work out other details...and one who initially told us he wasn't coming, but has since emailed to ask if it is too late to commit. I can't describe the excitement we have as we embark on this adventure. The details of what we will be doing are still unclear. We have a few contacts there and are still waiting to hear from others. Initially we were going to do a sports camp and teach character/moral values through that venue. That idea is still a possibility, but right now we are also inquiring about possible orphanage visits as well as community service projects. Right now God is the limit. We told the group last night that this trip will be an adventure because even "the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry." But God's plans are never altered. I am giddy with anticipation of what God will do and how He will do it. I am sure this journey will be a roller coaster. I will probably not be flying high with excitement every day...but the anticipation will remain.

Thanks for all the encouragement! And yes...wedding pics are on their way to being uploaded! Don't abandon hope! :0

2 comments:

dan+amy said...

Eeeeeeeee!!! That's all the words this jet-lagged brain can muster right now...more later. :) love you - a

Anonymous said...

HI Jodi,

Welcome to the Blog world. Post a wedding pic.

Love you!
Beth

"Let us live until we drop, but let us never lower the standard."
---Ponnammal from A Chance to Die