Monday was my last appointment. When we went in, the doctor was not content with how much the little girl has been moving. She was extremely lethargic and didn't move most of the day. Therefore, her heartbeat was slow and based upon my measurements the doctor thought that maybe she was actually losing weight. So...she ordered another ultrasound...hooked me up to the monitors again. After about an hour the doctor came in and said we had two options. Based on the ultrasound and everything else, she felt very reassured and confident that I could go home with no problems...I'd just need to return Thursday for more testing/monitoring. OR we could go straight to the hospital to be induced. Brian and I decided to give the baby a few more days to come on her own. But, alas, nothing. So...tomorrow we'll make the decision not IF to induce, but when.
I know there are many out there with their own opinions on the idea. Everyone at school has been very vocal about their opinions. ALL of them very different. However, as my mom said...I have to trust my doctor...and after reading up on inductions and various other things I feel much more content. Nothing is out of God's control...whether we induce or go into natural labor...God is still the controller of all things. So...she'll be here soon! If not tomorrow...soon! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Let us live until we drop, but let us never lower the standard."
---Ponnammal from A Chance to Die
5 comments:
Thanks for the update Jodi! It helps me know how to pray for you guys! I am so excited that she'll be here soon! Your mom is right, all will be okay, and don't let everyone's opinions and advice take away the joy of this moment! Trust in the Lord and he will make your paths straight! Much love to you!
Hi Jodi, I wanted to remind you both my boys were inductions and they are fine. You will do great however she comes. I can't wait to hear more! We love you! Beth
Anna's sure hoping for tomorrow!! :)
Hope it all goes well. I was induced twice but I think we tried it too early because it was hard to get the labor going. I think it was wise of you to give yourself a few more days first and I hope that helped your body get more ready and that things will go easily for you.
Jodles! praying for you, friend!!
Post a Comment