Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Still Here!

Yes...I am still here and still working and still walking (barely). Each day brings us closer to the due date...and while I am very vocally hoping that we are a few days early I have had to daily settle my excitement and rely on God's perfect timing. Brian's birthday was yesterday and he was really, really hoping for a little girl as his birthday present. Unfortunately, I couldn't control that, so we are now hoping for Shakespeare's birthday...tomorrow. We aren't short of birthdays to hit here...Emma's is the 28th and Anna's the 30th. So we have a few marks we could hit between now and the 4th.

I went to the doctor on Monday. She said there was little change and if I didn't go into labor this week, we'd talk about different options at my next appointment. So...I'm praying that this week I'd go into labor naturally and we won't have to make any decisions.

Below is the most recent picture of the baby's room (and her closet...thanks for the clothes Betsy, Roxie, Kim, and Michelle!). Unfortunately, we can't put anything on the walls yet. On one wall will be pictures of children from around with world that Brian and I have been blessed to love on...with scripture as the center. I'm still in the process of getting those framed. The other wall will have her name on it...but for obvious reasons we can't put that up. :) So...here is the bare necessities for now. The cradle look beautiful and if you can't see, the walls are a pale pink with white trim. Grandma Patsy made the quilt (I need to get a better picture of that posted...it's beautiful!). The only other major thing missing is the rocking chair which my mom and dad will bring when they come. It's the very chair that my mom rocked all of her five babies in. It was tough to get it from her, but I promised to give it back some day. Some day. :) So...that's all for now...hopefully the next time will have a picture of the baby!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Sweet, she is going to sleep great in that beautiful bed. Way to go Brian!

Emily said...

Oh, I am so glad to hear that all is settled and ready for her to come! I am getting so anxious to see pics and hear how it all goes! Hang in there, Jodi, you'll make it!

The Burgess family said...

beautiful nursery! can I ask, why will you have to "make decisions" at your due date? will your dr not let you wait a little after that? I think my due dates should've actually been a little after "the" due date, because thats when they all came! I know how you're ready NOW though :) I hope it's soon and that all goes smoothly.

Unknown said...

You look beautifully pregnant! and we are excited for your new adventure in life. God's timing is perfect! It will be fun to see your family soon. We will hit the Kansas ground late July and be in Hiawatha for 6 months. Blessings, love and prayers esp. for the next week!
Gina and the Tummons family

"Let us live until we drop, but let us never lower the standard."
---Ponnammal from A Chance to Die