
It's been a couple of weeks since I've written. I'm terribly sorry to those of you who check the site regularly. I can honestly say that the past month has been a rocky path through time with a few smooth steps here and there. The two weeks after my trip to New York were a few of the most difficult weeks of my teaching career. There have been times in my work that I've wondered how long I can keep going...but never have I thought about turning in my resignation for next year in February. Those two weeks I wanted to quit. Various things were going on...and through God's grace and Brian's support we made it through what now seems but a bump in the path. When Brian and I accepted the leadership role for the trip to China we had an idea that there would be trials and tests and even discouragement in planning the trip. But it seems that these trials, tests, and discouraging days are not just in planning the trip. School, work, health, busyness, relationships, and our emotions have all been places that we have experienced trials as individuals and as a couple. I know that God is teaching us so many things...our lack of control for one...and I am so grateful for His faithfulness and the fact that His mercies are truly new every morning. We get to start fresh today. I get to start fresh today.
There are a couple of prayer requests that we have for those of you who are praying for our trip. Please pray for the eight students who are going with us. They are great kids...and we truly are learning to love each of them. Please pray that even before we leave for the trip that they would hunger for God. Pray that they would hunger to serve Him and give up themselves. I'd ask that you would pray that for Brian and I as well. Secondly, please pray that our support would continue to come. Many of our students have raised all or close to all of their support, but we have two or three that are not even half way there. God will provide...please pray that He would bless these students in ways they can't understand. Finally, please pray for the details. Our contact in China has been so incredibly helpful. He's excited we are coming and there are so many things that he has planned for us. Pray for him as he plans and pray for us as we prepare to go. WE LEAVE IN TWO MONTHS FROM TODAY!
The picture above is of my niece Anna. She will be one on April 30. If you can get through the snotty nose, I know she'll make you smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment