Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spring Break '08






What a great trip! We just returned from visiting my brother in Juarez, Mexico. John lives and works in an orphanage in San Augustin, which is a small town outside of Juarez. We drove in late on Sunday night and left Thursday morning. Brian, my wonderful husband, tiled a shower in the boys bathroom. I learned how to cut tile, which was really my only job. I was able to take the kids to school one day and then pick them up later in the day. On Wednesdays John teaches P.E. in a private school on the other side of Juarez. The neighborhood is a bit rough, but we went with him and were able to watch as he taught the kids games and excercises. We really wanted to go to the orphanage and be a blessing...but as generally seems to happen, I think they did more blessing than I did. John is my hero. The amount of physical, emotional, and spirtitual energy that he gives each day is more than most of us give in a week. Honestly, words are hard to come by...and I wish that I could put my thoughts and feelings adequately in writing. BUT...I will let the pictures do most of the talking. Above, you see pictures of the kids doing homework, posing at school, and other activities that they do throughout the day. One picture is of Moises (our friends here in Sterling are waiting for paperwork to be completed so they can bring him home). We truly loved our time and are prayerful that our time there was as much a blessing to them as it was to us.

1 comment:

mrscoachz said...

Jodi,

It was good to see pictures from Mexico. Thanks for sharing! Miss you guys --

"Let us live until we drop, but let us never lower the standard."
---Ponnammal from A Chance to Die