Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Update
I finally feel like I'm back on my feet. Today, anyway. Ask me tomorrow and I might have just fallen flat on my face. But for now, we'll pretend like I'm up and running.
I figured it was time for an update on the Fish family...or else I might just need to shut this blog down. It seems that this third baby-thing has been a challenge. Not so much in maintaining my home (I always struggle with that) but in doing anything other than maintaining my duties as a wife, mother, and homemaker.
Culley will be four in May and I just can't get over how much she has grown. I feel as though she has finally made some friends her own age and she is quite the social butterfly. She informed her daddy this morning that she will be a cheerleader, basketball player, gymnast, AND a ballerina when she gets bigger. How we will afford all those lessons and classes I'm not quite sure...but we won't spoil those dreams just yet. She LOVES to do all things school related and through the year we've been doing some preschool at home. I had high aspirations of teaching her the alphabet and all things language related...on week two of a 26-week program I purchased and bought her The Letter Factory video...and after two afternoons she knew her letters and the sounds that go with each. Who needs a 26-week program?
Levi is pretty much in heaven if he has a ball in his hand. Each day he gets dressed if he doesn't have a ball on his shirt, I really have to "play it up" how cool the dinosaur/truck/etc is instead of the ball. He is pretty much his Grandpa Lambert...even his mannerisms remind me of my dad. He adores his older sister, copying her every move...and finally after seven months he has given acknowledgement to his younger brother.
Isaac...well...his name says it all. Isaac means "laughter" and for some reason, this smiling boy fits his name perfectly. Within a month he rolled over and started crawling all over our house. I thought that maybe I would get one child who was an introvert and laid back...nope...not a one.
I will give more details as the days/weeks go by, but we have a tremendous opportunity in the Fish family. In May, Brian and I (along with some other coaches and their wives) will be taking six or seven ONU football players to Guatemala to help build an orphanage. We covet your prayers and I will be keeping my friends and family updated here on my blog as the trip takes shape. Please pray right now for the players that are going and that the money for each of them would come in...
Pictures and details on that will follow...along with so many more ramblings of life lessons and random thoughts (I couldn't leave those random thoughts out...now could I?)
Blessings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Let us live until we drop, but let us never lower the standard."
---Ponnammal from A Chance to Die
No comments:
Post a Comment