Even if you don't have children, I think many of you will be able to relate to this post. Yesterday was just one of those days. I knew...as soon as I woke up...I knew deep in my spirit that it was going to be a battle for joy, patience, and right thinking. Why? Nothing happened that I can think of...and definitely nothing that stood out in my memory, but I've had enough of these days to identify them...and I knew that if I was going to get through this day parenting without regret, I'd better get on my knees!
I sent the kids to the basement to watch a little PBS...got on my knees and prayed. Now, I'd like to say I felt instant ease and peace and joy, that I made it through the day without mistakes in being a mother and wife, but that's not the reality. But at the end of the day, I realized that I made it leaning on the Holy Spirit more than before. Yesterday was such a good reminder to me that God doesn't always change our circumstances or our moods...but He gives us the strength to battle through and respond the right way when faced with different feelings and situations on "one of those days." I'm so grateful to God for providing the strength yesterday.

And really...when I look at my children I couldn't be more grateful for the job He has called me to!

Wow...I'm grateful for another day today...because His mercies are new every morning. But I don't want to discount His mercies to me yesterday as He helped me battle my emotions and my flesh and I pray that yesterday, although not perfect, was a step closer to becoming like Christ.
Blessings as you battle as well...
Jodi
1 comment:
Beautiful post and such precious reminders to get on our knees and PRAY as mommies! Thanks, sweet friend!
Post a Comment