Wednesday, October 3, 2012

YIKES!

Yikes! It's been so long since I've been to this page I haven't seen all the new stuff going on...oh boy...it may take me a while to get the hang of the new and updated blogger! I'm not going to go on and on about how I've been MIA, how long it's been and why. Many of you already know and hopefully understand. I have, however, had plenty of blog posts written in my head and even in my journal, but I just haven't made it to my desk to get them typed up. So...we start new, fresh, and hopefully with a commitment to keep going. We are smack in the middle of football season here at the Fish home. After four home games, we are on the road four weeks in a row and all four games are overnight trips. Many people ask if I make the trip with my kids and I always say that I expect to...barring sickness or any unseen obstacle. Honestly, it's just as easy to go than to be at home without Brian. At least this way he can see the kids on Friday night and not go from Friday morning until Sunday with the family being together. It's not easy...I won't lie. I got home on Saturday night and I still have suitcases and bags around the house because honestly I'm not going to put away on Monday what I will have to pack on Thursday. So...for the next four weeks I will be living in transition and chaos. For those who know me, you know this is a growing experience for me. Things aren't in their place...currently there is a pile of clothes on the kitchen counter that goes into the kids' suitcase (which is currently in the bathroom), two clothes hampers in the kitchen with a load in the dryer that needs to be added...all of which need to be put away. My suitcase is on the floor in my room, a bag of diapers and winter coats in the laundry room with the pack and play, sleeping bag, and blankets. The diaper bag with my football bag are in the living room...all of these different bags will be moved to the van on Thursday evening as we head to Michigan for Saturday's game. And this is how the next three of my weeks and weekends will be spent. The thing is...I know this is nothing unusual for most people. Everyone is busy these days...everyone is stressed these days...and everyone seems to be on a faster track than anyone else. I don't write these things in order to complain or to try to seem busier than anyone else. I'm writing because God has done an amazing thing in my life. Truly. Normally this kind of chaos and activity would drive me nuts...and there are times I think I am going nuts (like when I put Levi's glasses on Culley), but God calms my spirit and I think, really...in the whole scheme of life and eternity, how important is a messy house for a few weeks, or how important is this thing that is stressing me out? It is infinitely more important to be a family and support my husband during this time of year. Having three kids has also been a life-changer for me. You know the cloud of chaos that seems to encircle some people. Yes...I am that mother. It seems wherever I go there is chaos and at times I get home and don't remember a thing except that Culley and Levi were hard to keep corralled that day...but amazingly enough I still have a calm inside that stays calm even when all else is not. God is good. I have much more to write on this matter...but that's it for today. Maybe I can actually get another post in before we leave on Friday morning. Until then...blessings to my readers and may you strive to know our amazing God who is the creator of all things...He is the only God and the only thing that calms in the middle of the storm.

No comments:

"Let us live until we drop, but let us never lower the standard."
---Ponnammal from A Chance to Die