Monday, March 12, 2012

Up and Running

No...not that kind of running. Although I do wish I was running for miles and miles these 60-70 degree days! I keep telling Brian that our blizzard is coming right when he starts spring ball. I figure I need to keep him prepared for the worst at this point...probably not my job, but it helps me not get my heart set on spring in March in Illinois.

Anyway...the up and running I'm talking about is our internet. After almost six months of hours and hours on the phone fixing a certain company's issues...and finally getting the right house, on the right street, in the right town, with the right zip code, and finally having a technician come to set us up, and getting our bill lowered (they charged us for the six months of no service and then sent the bill to collections...which, they agreed we wouldn't have to pay until we had service...which didn't make for a nice phone call to this certain company), and realizing that big company's do not always do what they say they will do, we finally have an internet connection that allows me to be on the internet anytime I want for as long as I want AND allows Brian to do work from home when he needs to...which was our motivation in getting the problems resolved. So...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO! I've joined the land of the connected. :)

What's the scoop in the Fish house? Well, many of you already know that we are expecting number three in July. It's rather interesting in this day and age to see people's reactions to a woman with a two year old, a one year old, and a belly looking suspiciously like she's pregnant...again. When I'm in the store and people stop to chat with my kids there are times they look at me and say, "you've got your hands full". Yeah...at that point I suck in my belly as far as I can and say, "yep, but they sure are fun." That little trick is about to end since Culley is now announcing to everyone she talks to that her mommy has a baby in her tummy. The other day she announced this in Joann's. The woman she told couldn't quite get the concept and kept referring to Levi being the baby that WAS in my tummy. I finally had to step in and explain that indeed, there really is a current baby in my tummy as well. It is comical at times...depending on my emotional state on that given day. :)

Our house just finished spring break last week. It was absolutely awesome to have Brian at home for a few more hours during the day. My niece, Hannah, was here and we had such an awesome time with her...it's so good to see my kids being loved on by such a beautiful influence and by one who truly loves them. For days after she left, both Culley and Levi asked where she was...and Levi would look for her in the house. I think they finally understand she had to go back to her home. I've been busy with some sewing projects. We are trying to get our basement into working, entertaining order. But that's for another post. I'll get you some before and after pictures so you can see what we've been up to.

That's about all we've been doing...Brian had surgery on his shoulder, Levi got glasses and is finally taking more and more steps, and Culley just goes with the flow of our busy life. It is a joy to see my children's personalities begin to emerge more and more...and it is a challenge to channel those personalities towards selflessness and prayerfully someday Christ-likeness.

That's the update...hopefully more musings and ramblings to come...until then, I hope you live today in the light of the gospel and what Christ has done for you.

Blessings to you.

3 comments:

Mama on the Run said...

I love reading the happenings of your family! Thank you for your light for Christ and the reminder you give us at the end of your post. Love you, friend!
-Ames

Anonymous said...

yeah for internet!!! Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

You should of seen the smile on my face when I saw that you finally posted again. I miss my Jodi's ramblings, hard questions and probings and updates on her growing :-) family.
Love,
Judy B/

"Let us live until we drop, but let us never lower the standard."
---Ponnammal from A Chance to Die