Well, here we are again. I guess today you could say plan B won out. My Tuesdays are supposed to go a certain way...similar to Mondays, I have a plan. But today, it just wasn't meant to be. Ideally, I would wake up before Brian goes to work and run. He usually leaves between 6 and 6:30 so you can see my dilemma. Most Tuesdays I make it...not this one. I should have known from the first moment my alarm went off and I didn't get out of bed that this was going to be one of those days.
As indicated, I didn't get up and run, but I did get up around 5:45, put in some more laundry (because Tuesday is finish what you didn't get finished day). I read and sipped my lovely Estima coffee until 7:00 when Levi woke up. Culley was up at 7:30, so I thought I could squeeze in a run before Levi's morning nap. I packed breakfast for Cj, loaded the kiddos up, and had a SLOW run on a beautiful morning. I thoroughly enjoyed it and by the time we got home, Levi was ready for a nap, Culley was ready for Sesame Street, and I was ready for a shower.
Doesn't sound like too bad of a day, huh? Well...at some point in all of this, Culley pooped her pants, then went pee pee a few minutes later. Around 10:30 Levi woke up and for 30 blissful minutes we had two happy kids...then it happened. I'm not sure what happened...but I'm pretty sure from 11:00 to 11:30 Culley and Levi were fussing or crying...with it all hitting a climax at 11:30. I truly thought about breaking down myself. I mean, there was no consoling them. I almost let the flood gates down and then I realized the windows and back door were WIDE open and I'm sure my neighbors were having a fabulous time enjoying their retirement loving the fact that the young, new family chose to move in right between them. I actually began to laugh...I mean, why cry when it really is this ridiculous and out of my control?
I finally let them both cry while I got lunch around...lunch is always a great way to stop the crying...for a while. Let's see...not one thing finished on my list except clean laundry sitting on my table waiting to be folded and I was too frazzled to attempt that during lunch...so we all ate and shuffled up to bed. Today I decided that a 20 minute nap wouldn't be too bad, so we were able to dodge the crying before nap time since I told Culley I would take a nap in her bed. Unfortunately, I kept thinking about everything I still needed to do, so I layed next to Culley for about 30 minutes...and when I tried to leave Culley's room, she was WIDE AWAKE. For another 30 minutes of more I tried to get her to go back to sleep. But there was absolutely no way the little girl was going to nod off again. Needless to say, I made her lay in her bed until nap time was over.
During this quick break, I folded laundry and typed up Brian's class syllabus for him. At least a few things were scratched off my list because once Levi woke up, it was time to go grocery shopping for a few things we needed.
The BEST part of Tuesdays is that we get to go to the football office and have dinner with the football staff. Because Tuesdays are another late night, the wives all bring something and for a few minutes we get to see everyone. Not only is it nice to see Brian, but it's also nice to see the other families and fellowship with them during the week.
However, we still had bed time to get through, so as enjoyable as a few moments of my evening have been, bed time brought many more tears...from both of my children. I honestly don't think I've heard so much crying in one day...and I only have two! But, alas, they are finally both asleep and I can enjoy a bit of quiet until tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Let us live until we drop, but let us never lower the standard."
---Ponnammal from A Chance to Die
1 comment:
Oh, sweet mama - I'm SO sorry! Somedays, all you can do is laugh like you said. I can't imagine what it's going to be like with two. Praying for you....and to prepare my heart and strength this coming basketball season! :)
Love you and miss you!
Ames
Post a Comment