Saturday, September 3, 2011

Wednesday through Friday

As I was laying in bed last night I thought, "really? Where did the week go?" I started going back through my week and realized that it was busier than I had anticipated. The past couple of weeks have thrown me a bit off schedule as I've been working on things a little out of the ordinary. This fall, I've had the opportunity to do some writing for the media guide. The three pieces I was working on were due last week, so much of nap time and my evenings were used to email back and forth and edit and change the pieces. They were finally finished last week and then I started this week typing some things for Brian. Those were finished on Wednesday. So, Wednesday afternoon I started in on a project that should have been finished weeks ago! I was using all of my down time finishing the articles that I didn't have time to get the kids' t-shirts finished for the season.

I was excited to try something new on my sewing machine this year. I've always worked on simple sewing projects, and I've tried my best to stay away from anything that would require my own creativity. This time, I branched out...a little...and for those of you who are naturally crafty, this might seem insignificant, but it was a pretty big deal for me!

They each are somewhat different...




I spent all evening on Thursday and most of Friday morning working on these...and I'm pretty proud of how they turned out...except for one small problem. Levi might end up with a tie-dye shirt if I can't get the dye out of the front of his! :) Other than the not-so-perfect shape of the football, I like how Levi's turned out! When I told Culley that her shirt said "Tiger Football" she growled like a TRUE tiger!


I tried a different stitching on each of their names. Levi's "Fish" didn't turn out the way I wanted, and looks a bit like a novice seamstress attempted to be fancy...wait, that's exactly what happened! :)

Other than going to practice Wednesday and Thursday...and a high school football game Friday night, we spent most of our time at home this week. But, as I was packing my bag for this morning and setting everything out on the ironing board, I realized how ridiculous it really is...between coloring books, story books, snacks, Levi's food, bottles, diapers, extra clothes, water, and other things.
I mean...this picture isn't even everything I end up taking with me to the games! We have pom poms and jammies for the ride home...and the cold weather isn't even here yet!!!! :) Good grief...I'm tired just thinking about it!

Go Tigers!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this post brought back SOOO many memories! You will be walking out the door bagless before you know it!

Emily said...

I love that you took the time to take a pic of the contents of your bag! oh these days are crazy, but fun!

"Let us live until we drop, but let us never lower the standard."
---Ponnammal from A Chance to Die