Friday, January 30, 2009

Baby _ _ _ _ _

It has been drawn to my attention (and rightfully so) that you are all still wanting pictures. So...I am posting our 24 week ultra-sound pictures so you can get a good profile of our baby girl. I am currently ending my 26th week and will officially be in my third trimester next week. In the past three weeks...since the ultra-sound...I have grown much, much bigger, a bit more uncomfortable, and my desire to spend all of my time in my favorite sweatpants is almost more than I can overcome! You are all wishing I was posting a picture of me! Honestly it's tough to get the camera out and say, "honey, take a picture of me." It's not the first thought on my mind...but I'll try to do better this trimester! Here she is:



Somehow, the timing of everything has been perfect. My first trimester ended exactly as basketball began. Basketball is ending exactly as my third trimester begins. So, you see, the energy level that everyone said I would have during my second tri was sapped and drained by many situations that are common the the world of girls basketball. Needless to say, there were many times that I asked God, "are you sure about this girl thing? Are you sure I can handle raising a little girl? What will I do if she whines or cries when she gets a paper cut? Will I have compassion and sympathy when she sprains her ankle? God...are you sure????"

Trust me...growing up with four brothers and zero sisters was good for me. Really good for me...but this season of basketball has made me realize I don't understand the world of wimpy, girly girls. And therefore, I have been drawn to my knees as I seek wisdom and advice on how to raise this little girl growing inside me. Coincidence? I think not...and I have to trust in the truth that there are no accidents when it comes to the sovereignty of God. :)

4 comments:

Emily said...

She is beautiful! What a sweet profile! I know the anxiety you feel in raising a girl. Mine is chattering away on the moniter as I write this. :)
But really, I know, without a doubt that you will be an awesome role model and mother to her at every stage. No matter whether she is a girly girl or a tom girl! Another thing, you will love her to pieces no matter what, and that is what she will need most of all.
Thanks for updating!! So excited for you!

The Schenk Family said...

Yeah, for the update! I love it. You are getting closer and closer and yes I want to see a picture of your pregnant, well where you actually look pregnant. Enjoy all of it is just such a wonderful experience. Um, I agree with Em on the Girl thing. You will love being a mom so much. Do not worry God has his reasons even if you do not see them. He always teaches us thing even thru the most awesome of blessings.

The Burgess family said...

Hey there. My first child was a boy, so when I found out #2 was a girl I was scared. I was no girly girl and didn't know how I'd raise a girl. but she has charmed my socks off and I can't imagine my life without her (and yes, she is a girly-girl, which I don't know where she got that!). I enjoy having a daughter so much that I was so happy when #3 turned out to be a girl also :) I've found I love having girls, I would've never guessed that would be true about myself!

mrscoachz said...

I can understand that whole anxiety about raising a girl! And Jenna cries and needs a band aid because of a hangnail! But we'll go through this together -- we will definitely have to compare notes :) Peanut will have her daddy wrapped around her finger in no time flat!!

"Let us live until we drop, but let us never lower the standard."
---Ponnammal from A Chance to Die