Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Prayer Card

I ran across this poem in my Bible the other day. It was a poem my grandmother Culley had given me at some point in my life. As with many inspirational poems, I read it and tucked it away for a day when I could really return to it and think upon it. Years later...and many tears later...I ran across it again and felt a tugging at my heart. It is extremely relevant to my life right now and thought that maybe you would be challenged by it as well.

"Not for the Hesitant"

It is a daring prayer.
"Thy will be done!"
If answered, it might
well destroy our ways.
there may be heights
where we are called to run
With victory eluding our days.
But cautious prayers
produce such timid souls,
And dreams can die
while waiting for their time.
My hands might never
touch the high-set goals;
Yet I must stake
my life upon the climb.

So, Yes, Thy will be done! Amen.

--by Hazel Nowell Ailor

Blessings today...and remember that "cautious prayers produce timid souls!"

1 comment:

Emily said...

Jodi!
I loved reading about your trip to China, it sounds amazing!
I hope your summer is going well!
love ya,
em

"Let us live until we drop, but let us never lower the standard."
---Ponnammal from A Chance to Die