The next day we waited…and waited…and waited. It was not until about noon that we were approached by an older lady to ask for the water bottle one of our students was drinking. The student quickly drained the remaining water as the rest of the group crowded around her with their open backpacks to pour the empty bottles into her bag. The look on her face was priceless as in a chaotic rush each person kept going back for more bottles to fill her bag. At first, she wasn't sure what was happening as the crazy tourists crowded around her. But once she realized their actions,she just kept giving the group a “thumbs-up” sign as her smile grew exponentially with each load that was emptied in her bag. And honestly, as her smile grew our hearts were filled with such joy it brings tear to my eyes even now.
Why is this story…this one moment on our trip so memorable and emotional for me? Because we don’t always know what God does with our obedience. I have no idea if this older lady gave our group another thought…but I can pray that she does. God used us to hopefully plant a seed. And in our obedience to serve Him, He received the glory and we felt unexplainable joy. The needs are there…I just have to open my eyes and see where God is asking me to bless for Him today. A wise lady told me once, “bless or be blessed.” I think that often times both end up happening.
Blessings today!
No comments:
Post a Comment