Thursday, May 1, 2008

Trip of a Lifetime

Today marks our first day of the last unit for the year. My kiddos...who some claim have never been outside Hutchinson, Kansas...are planning the trip of a lifetime. They are required to plan a trip to three different countries on three different continents with only $10,000 in their bank account. Seriously...put a computer in front of some kids and they are off...put a computer in front of other kids and they stare with no idea how to begin researching educationally.

This project could flop so hard even I fall through the floor (my classroom is on the 4th floor, so it would be a hard fall). Or...this project could really show these kids their own potential. Because of my last entry...me of little faith...I am going to begin today with a positive I-am-not-going-to-fall-through-the-floor attitude. We'll see. Tomorrow and Monday I am taking personal days so I am anxious to see how the kiddos do without leaning on me for answers. When I return on Tuesday it will either be utter chaos or perfect harmony...okay, maybe not perfect (there I go again).

More details to come.

No comments:

"Let us live until we drop, but let us never lower the standard."
---Ponnammal from A Chance to Die