Saturday, July 16, 2011

Ledi

And no, the title of this post is NOT a typo. It's a mystery how some nicknames come into a regular vocabulary. Take Juki, for example. I was not born with this nickname, nor did I have younger siblings who could not pronounce my very simple name. No...Juki came from my oldest brother, who happens to be 10 years older than me. I do not remember being called Juki as a child. No...Juki developed sometime between my high school and college years and I have absolutely no idea why. Ledi is what Culley has always called her "bubby." No amount of pronunciation and enunciation drills can get her to correctly say the "v" sound in his name, so Brian and I have adopted the old saying..."if you can't beat 'em, join 'em." And so...the songs written and sung in his honor are sung about Ledi...he may never ever know how to pronounce his real name until he's much, much older.
For those of you who have followed Levi's progress...here's a bit of an update. We had his 6 month appointment a month late due to a change of pediatrician (I think we've finally found a good one). We saw Doctor Kim when he was 7 months old. He weighed in at a whopping 13 pounds! He is barely on the charts as a 7 month old...but at least he's on the charts. A bit of interesting news as well...remember when we had our ultra-sound with the specialist when I was around 26 weeks pregnant? Remember that one of the concerns about him was that his femur bone was measuring short and they were concerned that this could be a sign of Down's or maybe that he would just be short. Well...he's NOT going to be short. The kid has monster feet and he's actually close to normal on the height chart for a 7 month old as well. I'm definitely not looking forward to having two men in my house with size 14 feet...so the short boy would have been ok with me! :)
Here's a few pics so you can see how the little man is doing.

He can't wait to go fishing with his uncles at the farm! The funny thing about this kid is that he could barely fit into 0-3 month clothes until he was 6 months old...but those hats NEVER fit him! Big head...and big feet! :)

Just hangin' out with the family at the coffee shop.


The little guy might actually crawl before he sits up. I think I've got another mover...he doesn't want to sit still long enough to actually learn to sit!

And so...that's Ledi in a "nutshell"...did I mention he's either laughing or crying? Did I mention that he holds his breath when he's mad? Did I mention that this little guy likes to do things his own way, in his own timing? I've got my work cut out for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this could have been a summary of our own Levi as well! Especially the last part. I'll be praying for you! :) Elijah used to call Levi "we-by" or "be-vi" and the person who finally got him to say it right was his pre-K teacher :)-Oh yeah, and the only thing I've figured out to get our Levi to back off a stubborn stance on something? Telling him I'm more stubborn then he is and planning on winning. That usually gets him to give up...eventually.

"Let us live until we drop, but let us never lower the standard."
---Ponnammal from A Chance to Die