This Easter, for some reason, was super sweet. Christ's resurrection means more to me with each passing year. The other day I was going through yet another box--yes...I even have more to go through. Our move was so quick and our lives so chaotic that I'm doing it at a slow pace to keep my sanity--in that box I found two very special pictures. The very first pictures of Levi with me holding him for the very first time. I got so emotional as I was struck by God's goodness to our family...not that He took us out of chaos...not that He is making life easier...and not that He is blessing us with ease...but His goodness to be ever so close and ever so good to reveal Himself to us during these times. That is why Easter has been extra sweet. Without Christ's resurrection, we wouldn't have the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives, we wouldn't be able to seek and pursue a relationship with the Father, we wouldn't have a hope beyond human understanding of an eternity living in worship to our King.
This year we celebrated Easter with our new church family. This is on of our church's big outreach events.
In the past two weeks the church passed out more than 4,000 Easter eggs with candy and an invitation to church. The church provides a lunch and rather large Easter egg hunt for the families that attend. It was priceless. Not only was this Culley's first big Easter egg hunt, but it was special to observe children who had never seen anything like this before.
You can be sure that the gospel was presented clearly and Christ was glorified. These are just a few pictures...Brian and I finally pulled out the camera after months of letting it sit useless on the shelf.
Our family picture was a little difficult as the one in our family who has always done things on his own timing didn't quite like the timing of the camera. :)
Happy Easter...He is Risen!
No comments:
Post a Comment