Thursday, June 24, 2010

Now that it's gone...

Good grief...aren't we supposed to learn this lesson early? The extremely important that says you never really appreciate something until it's gone? And good grief...haven't I quoted that to so many people young and old? Haven't I flippantly used this expression in more conversations that I can count? I guess it's true that it's always easier to remind others rather than learn the lesson yourself. But, alas, I am finally having to repeat this to myself over and over. The interesting fact is that this is such a small, minute item that has vanished, yet now that it is gone I realize how much a part of my life it had become. So, this time without it...this time of drought...actually might be good for me.

I'm talking about internet. **GASP** I know! Who doesn't have internet in their home these days? Isn't it like TV or a phone? Oh my goodness...will I ever survive? Can I make it through? Yes. In fact I have made it for almost an entire month and I am still alive...I still have family...I still have friends...and for some reason I have found plenty of activities to occupy my time.

Interestingly enough...the one thing that I miss the most is blogging. **GASP** I know! My dad is thinking she doesn't blog anyway...how can she miss it? Well, you don't know what you've got until it's gone!

All of that to say that now I have an excuse for the lengthy spaces in between my blogs...but I think that once internet is restored to our home I may just have to make sure I take advantage of it...I may have to appreciate it more...I may actually have to sit down and blog. No promises...but we'll see. I do, however, promise to get some more pictures posted.

Blessings!

No comments:

"Let us live until we drop, but let us never lower the standard."
---Ponnammal from A Chance to Die