Let's start back in March. :0 In March, Brian traveled to L.A. to attend the Shepherd's Conference. Our church helped bring a Chinese pastor over to attend that conference that we had met during our trip there in 2008. Pastor David and Brian have been corresponding off and on throughout the time and our church really wanted to encourage the pastor by bringing him to the States and allowing him to be fed by others. It was a tremendous time for both Brian and Pastor David. They spent 10 days in L.A. and I think Brian was more encouraged by Pastor David's presence than anything else.
All of that to say, during Brian's absence, Culley and I went to stay at the farm with my parents for a few days. During our time there we attended the nursing home services that my Dad's church provided. They always begin their time singing hymns and allowing the residents there to choose which hymns they would like to sing. This is when I realized that Culley LOVES to sing! She sat on Mrs. Overmiller's lap and sang away (while pretending to read her own hymnbook). It's amazing what a 10 month old can pick up on...and how she can mimic human behavior.

The scary thing is...she mimics my behavior. This is all cute and nice when it's singing at a nursing home (which, by the way, they LOVE little babies). However when I see my own struggles with sin begin to creep up in her...this gets a little scary. I know...I know...she's too little, right? Well...no...I see similar sins in her that I struggle with. She mimics my attitude...she mimics my selfish desires...she mimics my whining. Maybe it's simply human nature...but I want to show her, model for her, the importance of confession and the beauty of grace. So...as scary as it may be, it's an amazing opportunity to parent her heart and show her her need for a savior because my need for Jesus is no less than hers. May God grant the faith and wisdom to model Christ-likeness for her and a submissive heart to the Word of God. Would she see in my life that I battle my own sins and hold Jesus and His grace as more beautiful than anything this world has to offer.

***There I go again...more words than pictures. :) I'll work at it!
Blessings today as you live in light of the beauty of your salvation!
No comments:
Post a Comment