Well...we didn't win. But I wish you could have seen them play. They played very well and they tried to do exactly what the coaches asked of them. I am glad the season has finally come to an end. I will have more time with my husband and family, but there is a bitter-sweet feeling that creeps in when I think of the ending to this season. We may have been 3-11 but these girls were a tremendous group to coach. They taught me more of myself than I thought possible.
Our China trip is still in the works. We now have 8 students committed to going with us the first of June. We are waiting to hear back from a contact in Henan where we hope to be able to pour out our service for Christ. As I read more and more of the Chinese culture and learn more and more about cross-cultural experiences I can hardly contain my excitement to everyone I meet. Although, I do contain it. The one thing that seems to be a pardox is how excitement and anticipation can occupy the same heart as intense fear and uncertainty. When I try to analyze and work through this contradiction of emotion satiating my heart, I am reminded once again of Hind's Feet in High Places by Hannah Hurnard. In this allegory, Much-Afraid is facing a path of uncertainty on her way to the High Place. The Shepherd visits her and gives her this warning: "Much-Afraid, don't ever allow yourself to begin trying to picture what it will be like. Believe me, when you get to the places you dread you will find that they are as different as possible from what you have imagined...if you ever let Craven-Fear begin painting a picture on the screen of your imagination you will walk with fear and trembling and agony where no fear is" (145). The fear that I sometimes have is self-made, self-painted. The real question is do I trust the Most High God to go before me and lead the way? Fear, trembling, and agony are three characteristics that I do not even desire to reflect in my character. So...I will attempt to only look to the One who has called us and remember that it is He who sovereignly sets our paths before us and He will not call us to more than we can handle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Let us live until we drop, but let us never lower the standard."
---Ponnammal from A Chance to Die
No comments:
Post a Comment