Monday, February 21, 2011

Chaos Anyone?

Well, it's been a while. It seems that since Levi has been home our lives have somehow slipped, quite quickly, into chaos...and the miracle is that I'm surviving. When I went into the hospital on November 2nd, ambulanced to Wichita November 3rd, and delivered Levi by C-section on November 4th I thought things couldn't get any more out of my control. After Levi had been in the hospital just over three weeks, we were sent home and with a little fear, I let out a big sigh of relief.

Less than a week later, Brian interviewed for a new job, he was offered the job, he accepted the job, we celebrated the holidays and then POOF...just like that he moved to Illinois. For three weeks the kids and I stayed behind to pack the house and finish up medical issues with Levi. Those who have moved know very well that the time just before the move is absolutely draining. During that time, Brian found, offered, and bought a house in Illinois...the only thing was, we couldn't be in it until the end of February.

So...here we are. It's the end of February and after four long weeks...with one more to go...we are about to move into our home. After four long weeks of my children sleeping in pack in plays and Brian and I in dorm beds, we will finally move into our home. Shortly after that, Levi will turn four months old. The poor boy doesn't even know what a home feels like!

In the four plus weeks we've been in Illinois, Levi has begun to babble and smile. I think I even heard a giggle! Culley has discovered Elmo, The Cat in the Hat, the toilet (yes...she's started peeing AND pooping on the potty), snow, Valentine's candy, words, words, words, and more words.

In the process of all of this, I have rediscovered mommyhood for God's glory. It's incredibly easy to forget my purpose in life, to become irritable and impatient. It's easy to be more focused on Culley's behavior because of how it makes me look, rather than her offensive sin against God. But the amazing miracle in all of this is that regardless of how much chaos is around me and how unsettled my life has been, and even how I have allowed sinful habits to form...God softly calls me back to Him where there is no chaos, my spirit is settled, and my sin is forgiven. That, friends and family, is truly when I feel most at home.

2 comments:

The Burgess family said...

Wow! I had no idea you had that all going on. I would've thought that having a toddler and a newborn was keeping you busy enough! Whoa! Congrats on the new house, and I hope things finally settle down soon for you all :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! It's good to hear from you and know that you are finding a place of peace in the midst of all your stresses and changes.
We love you all!
Judy & Larry

"Let us live until we drop, but let us never lower the standard."
---Ponnammal from A Chance to Die