First we have the hem of an adorable skirt for Culley. It was at this time that I realized that when one says they sew...what they really mean is they press. There is much more work with an iron and pins than with the actual sewing machine. But I digress...
On the same skirt, it has pleats in the back...and straight in the front. This is my attempt at making one inch pleats along the back of the skirt.
This is Culley modeling her completed skirt. Woooohoooo!!! It won't fit her for a while since it's a 12 month and she's still in 3-6 month clothes...but I just thought she'd look adorable with a little red shirt...maybe some black tights...boots or little patten leather shoes. AHHHHH I love little girls!
Second is the cute shirt. It's a good thing I started with the skirt because this wasn't the easiest...but with my mother-in-law's adjusted directions I got it done. Please don't look too closely...it's not evenly hemmed and the binding isn't perfect! BUT...I just thought it was the cutest thing. The lining is the second material at the back...and the main shirt is black.
The finished product.
So...I have successfully done something I never, ever thought I could do. And I loved it. I hope Culley loves all the clothes I have planned for her! :)
4 comments:
Great Job, Jodi. Once you start you will find stuff you would love to try and amazing enough it is not bad. I love it, and you did a great job. Keep going, the little summer dresses are the easiest and she will love them and looks so cute in them. What a proud mother moment. Girls are so much to dress.
AWESOME work! I have been trying sewing as well, but my hems are rarely straight. It takes a lot of patience...
oh Jodi, how fun! I will say I am addicted to sewing myself, and I rarely have time at the moment, I am dying for a chance at it again!
Your clothes for Culley turned out great! Keep going!
This is your first attempt at sewing?!? You did GREAT! Wow!
Post a Comment